Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our app has more than 14 million users across Europe, but we’re more than an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast with 13 countries currently active and more coming, and we’ve just been named “Europe’s hottest startup 2019”. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved more than 27 million meals from the bin - that’s more than 68 million kgs of CO2 saved!
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? So next up, we have big plans to kick off operations in Sweden, and are building our team there as we speak. And we want YOU to be part of this amazing adventure.
As Country Manager, you will be working out of our office in Stockholm (actually, finding the office is your first task) and report directly to our Chief Expansion Officer and the Global Management Team. You will be part of our international team of 13 Country Managers, supported by the whole team of specialists and experts in Europe.
As a Country Manager, you are starting operations from scratch. Armed with a wealth of experience from our 13 other successful launches, it will be your job to build the local team, introduce our mission to Sweden and get as many restaurants, stores, hotels or supermarkets as possible to join our fight.
Trust us, this is an adventure - tough, but so rewarding!
What your mission will entail
- Opening, developing and driving the strategy for Too Good To Go in Sweden in cooperation with the Global Management team
- Hiring and dealing with a team of ambitious, idealistic and resourceful waste warriors who are the right kind of crazy to believe they can change the world
- Developing partnerships with major partners and food store chains and supermarkets
- Keeping all our partners and consumers satisfied through terrific account management and customer care
- Being the face and voice of Too Good To Go in the media
- Design the marketing strategy for Sweden together with our CMO and your Head of Marketing
- Work with global teams to create the strategic positioning and messaging to enable Too Good To Go to truly influence food waste and overall ecosystem
- Bring your own knowledge and experience to support and improve the Too Good To Go value chain all across Europe
Who are you?
- You have a true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste as a must - you know the urgency of change and action for the planet
- Technology is in your DNA. Experience in Start-ups is a plus
- You’re the kind of inspiring leader people want to follow : We are creative, passionate, resourceful and growth-minded. So should you!
- +5 years of experience in manager position, preferably in a fast-paced, hyper-growth business
- You have a solid sales experience and/or mindset : if the door is closed, you enter through the window
- You don’t beat around the bush and you get things done
- You have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style
- You are a top of the class English speaker. All the communication in the global team is in English
- Prominent international mindset with strong local approach
- Strong digital background, with a proven record creating and executing product launches
- Hands on experience on sales engines and marketplaces
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to translate ideas into marketing actions and measurable objectives
- Exceptional organizing skills and the capability to play multitask comfortably
- A willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing fast-growing environment
- Experience or a network in the food industry is a strong plus
What do we offer?
- A Country Manager position, where you build your own market as an entrepreneur
- The opportunity to build a strong movement against food waste, in Sweden, and in the world!
- Central location - well, you will be the one finding your own office anyway!
- Space to build a powerful concept in Sweden, develop your ideas and also your career in a multicultural team, in one of Europe’s fastest growing companies
- Working in a company with a strong mission, full of passion and talent, with the ambition of changing the world (and yeah, we mean it)
- The experience of being part of an international team, with offices in 13 countries (and counting)
- Independence and influence with a high mandate level
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work
How to apply?
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please read carefully everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go
- We want to know how you work - if you have a video introduction, or a link to a project you made thrive, then tell us about it!
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging