Business Developer - Remote
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our app has more than 22 million users across Europe, but we’re more than an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast with 15 countries currently active and more coming and we are a certified B Corporation. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved more than 38 million meals from the bin - that’s more than 96,000 tons of CO2 saved!
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are expanding our team there as we speak. And we want YOU to be part of this amazing adventure.
Your mission as a Business Developer is to empower stores to save meals: you will spread the word about what we do and engage new partners to join our network, enabling stores and customers to fight food waste all over Italy! You will be responsible for a vast region, and the success of Too Good To Go depends on how fast we grow! In order to do so, you will report directly to the Area Manager of Central Italy and can always rely on the support of your team members. You will be working from your hometown mostly and have a high degree of independence! You will need to travel with your own vehicle (we highly push for green mobility!). You will occasionally visit to the Rome office for coordination.
- You research the market to find interesting prospects, identify stakeholders/decision-makers and generate interest about Too Good To Go.
- You will proactively call potential stores and build relationships. You will need to find, access and onboard the right stores via email and phone and visits. You will spend +70% of your time contacting restaurant owners and discovering new partners. You will also travel around your region and form personal relationships.
- You will introduce new partners to the world of Too Good To Go, train them on how to use the app and advise them on finding the best possible solution for food waste.
- You will work with weekly and monthly targets and KPIs.
- You will work closely with other departments, like Marketing and Success, to maximise results.
- 6 months to 2 years working experience in sales/business development, possibly in multinational working environments and/ or in the sustainability field.
- A natural attitude to speak with people.
- First-class communication skills, both in Italian and English, oral and written.
- Access to your own means of transport
- Mindset - you must be positive, proactive, creative and resourceful;
- A genuine passion for the mission - A true passion for fighting food waste is a MUST, you know the urgency of change and actions needed to save the planet;
What we offer:
- Ability to work in a safe environment! This position is 90% home-based, and requires only occasional trips to the Roman Office;
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join a fast scaling pan-European startup with a very real environmental and social impact.
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day. Every single partner you bring on board saves meals from going to waste.
- Work with and learn from a smart, fun team of highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste.
- Building a wonderful network that will inspire tomorrow future generations in Central Italy (Tuscany, Latium, Marche, Abruzzo and Molise)
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.