Food Waste Campaigner
30% of food produced is wasted. We are on a mission to change that.
Too Good To Go is a mobile app which reduces food waste by making surplus food from cafes, food stores and supermarkets available to users. Our users purchase food through the app, collect locally and enjoy knowing they are saving food, money - and the planet!
The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe with over 20 million meals in 14 countries saved to date… And we’re happy to say, Switzerland is growing at light speed as well! But the app is just the beginning! Too Good To Go is much more than an app: We are a movement against Food Waste. We want to use our reach to sensibilise everyone and change mindsets and systems so no more food is wasted! That’s why we’re looking for a truly passionate Food Waste Warrior filled with fire to further develop our movement. Find out more about our movement goals here: https://toogoodtogo.ch/de-ch/movement
Ready to join the movement?
What you will be doing:
- You will spread the Too Good To Go fire wherever it wants to burn (and also in places where it doesn’t know it needs to burn!)
- You will be responsible for creating partnerships and setting up campaigns to further develop our movement within the fields of education, politics, households and with producers in Switzerland.
- You will build a strong network that will enable Too Good To Go to spread the message (for example: NGOs’, food waste community groups and governmental institutions).
- You will be organizing and participating in events where we can reach as many people as possible (think: keynotes, debates, workshops, events, strikes...).
- You will be responsible for the creative material that will help us change mindsets and consumption behaviours.
- You will exchange ideas with the global marketing team and reporting to the Head of Marketing.
- You will open doors for opportunities and projects, initiatives! We need all your creativity here, the sky is the limit!
Your skills should include:
- Being truly passionate about food waste and sustainability is a must.
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done even if it’s sometimes not part of your job.
- Super strong drive. We repeat: super strong drive.
- You are fluent in (Swiss) German and have a strong working knowledge of English; French is a plus.
- You have a solid understanding about sustainability and the way things work in Switzerland (organisations, community, regulations, politics, culture).
- You have a sharp pen, a quick wit and you can transmit your passionate arguments on paper and in person.
- People skills are your thing. You love and thrive communicating with people across all media.
- You are a quick connector and are ready to build a strong sustainability network; having a network is a big plus.
- You like to work autonomously and are challenged by the opportunity to build the foundation for our Movement Team.
- You love the idea of a fun and hectic start-up culture where we grow at light speed!
- Design skills are a big plus! Videos, GIF’s, visuals… you name it!
If you still need more convincing…
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day.
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to be a pioneer in a fast scaling pan-European start-up with a very real environmental and social impact.
- Flexible hours with a lot of freedom to plan your own agenda.
- Join an amazing and ultra dynamic team of 14 Waste Warriors - and growing!
- An open company culture where we play as hard as we work.
- A strategic role with a lot of responsibility in an international start-up company with high ambitions.
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work.
- A cosy office in the city center of Zurich AND - wait for it - by the lake!
How to apply?
- Send us your CV and answer the questions in the application form.
- We love videos, so feel free to add one if you feel like it.
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak.