Head of People & Culture
1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Become a part of a B Corp, fast-growing and dynamic scale-up where you will contribute to making the world a better place!
Too Good To Go fights day-to-day food waste by helping food stores and restaurants to sell their unsold products at low prices.
Launched in Spain in September 2018, and present in 13 other countries, Too Good To Go meets a crazy success: in only a few months, more than 40 000 stores and restaurants all around Europe have joined the adventure and, together with Too Good To Go, saved more than 30 million meals in total from the bins in Europe!
The success of it?
A team of 65 passionate Waste Warriors who share a strong culture: we are passionate, resourceful, creative, growth-minded. We are willing to take the challenge every day and make the planet a better place.
Food Waste doesn’t wait and we need to grow to save the food from being wasted. Culture is central to our business and we aim to always have a happy team. Herefore, we need an AWESOME Head of People and Culture to join our People & Culture (P&C) Team and build the future for our Waste Warriors.
- People and Culture management, vision & strategy
- You will bring your expertise to our management team to represent the P&C department and take part in our strategic decisions.
- You will find a balance being a strategic leader with performing operational/tactical responsibilities, ensuring we balance speed & excellence in our fast scaling environment.
- You will build, advance and manage thoughtful, scalable, and global “people first” policies and programs shaping the employee lifecycle.
- You will act as a coach at all levels, from being a strategic advisor to the management team as well as a mentor to employees.
- You will create a comprehensive compensation strategy, and manage our existing benefits, retention and reward strategies in the cooperation with P&C Global.
- You will work closer with the Global P&C functions being part of the international organization.
- You will be the guardian of our culture by ensuring we maintain our values in each decision we make.
- You will help build a strong cultural framework in which everyone feels inspired by our culture and becomes (or remains) an ambassador that spreads our values on a daily basis
- Team coordination
- You will mentor and develop a team of 3 people and nurture an environment where they can excel through your guidance and empowerment.
- You will collaborate with the global team to build the best possible environment for our Waste Warriors.
- You are an impartial person of trust for the people in the team when they need support or advice on P&C challenges.
- You proactively and empathetically address workplace and personal issues - including resolving difficult interpersonal and employee retention issues.
- People Growth
- You will identify and implement opportunities to improve our team member experience (skills, knowledge, well-being…)
- You will develop and maintain programs for onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, long-term organizational planning, and employee training programs.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- You preferably have experience implementing long term HR strategies in a fast scaling environment and successfully integrated teams that grew at high speed
- You have a deep understanding of Spanish labour law
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- You have a high level of spoken and written communication in English (all our global communication is in English).
- You balance hands-on experience in HR (executing and getting things done efficiently) with a strategic long term vision and approach
- You have experience with Learning & Development and creating a growth-minded environment
- You love being the voice of a company towards the team and you are able to balance strong people orientation with the ability to take and communicate tough decisions when needed
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you know the urgency of change and action for the planet
- You’re creative, always full of new and crazy ideas
- You’re resourceful, always able to find another way to achieve your objective in the most efficient way
- You’re growth-minded, always challenging yourself and eager to make yourself and people grow
- You’re a solution-oriented person, driven by challenges
- You understand the importance of trusting and being trusted as a core requirement for a People & Culture role
What do we offer?
- The chance to do something that matters. As a certified B Corporation, we’ve been recognized as a business that uses profit and growth as a force for good.
- Independence and influence with a high mandate level and being close to the decision making
- Space to develop your ideas and your career in a multicultural team, in a fast-growing company
- Central location in Madrid
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work.