Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we fight food waste ? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
We’re growing fast with 15 countries currently active and more coming. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved more than 39.4 million meals from the bin - that’s more than 98 million kgs of CO2 saved!
Our app has already more than 22.4 million users across Europe, and we’re not just an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together, so we’re doing all we can to make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions, change legislation to reduce food waste, and even create educational tools.
Education plays a major role in reducing food waste. We are fighting food waste alongside schools and universities in order to teach future generations to respect our resources and preserve our planet. To achieve these goals, we need the hunger and experience of an Education Specialist to join us!
Reporting directly to our Public Affairs Manager, you will join the French Marketing & Communication team to accomplish this ambitious mission and also become part of our Waste Warriors tribe of 650+ employees around Europe.
Are you ready to be the change you want to see in the world?
If so, continue reading.
We are currently looking for an Education Specialist to join our Marketing & Public Affairs team. The position will play an essential part in actioning Too Good To Go movement across all society, with the ambition to become an authority when we talk about food waste.
You will be in charge tof building educational tools with all the players of catering and education who can help us to have an impact on food waste.
Your key missions are:
- Build and support the development of comprehensive educational tools to raise children's awareness on food waste in canteens.
- Map all the actors who can help us to build solid educational tools.
- Define Too Good To Go's position as an actor in education to fight against food waste.
- Represent Too Good To Go externally to build relationships with institutional players in education.
- Advocate towards the institutions for the widespread adoption of our educational tools.
- Attend events/seminars and organize stakeholder visits/events related to education.
- You are passionate about education and the environment with a specific focus on food waste.
- A resourceful and motivated individual with a keen appetite for learning and high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Significant experience and expertise related to education/consulting/catering (at least 3-5 years)
-> Experienced in preparing briefings and undertaking research with the ability to summarize complex issues quickly.
-> Effective multi-tasker with strong time and project management skills
-> Ability to work, network and communicate at all levels both within the organization and externally.
- Great knowledge of French education and/or catering at school landscape and system, you know it by heart.
- Experience in working with the government, elected persons, catering companies, consulting companies to understand clearly how to work together.
- Proven influencing skills to create and impact through experience of building educational tools.
- Full professional proficiency in French and fluent in English.
You should have:
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you know that food waste is a big beast to fight and that we can do it only if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego.
- You care, always look out for our consumers, our partners and colleagues. Caring is also about the way we do business. You do the right thing and eager to make yourself and people grow
- You want to raise the bar, we have sky-high expectations and we shoot to exceed them. This means taking big bets and demanding excellence from ourselves and others. We always push for more. Every single time. You work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- You know how to keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple. We want to keep it that way. You only see solutions and know how to break problems into smaller bits.
- You want to be part of building a legacy: we’re doing big things and we know it. We have an incredible opportunity to inspire the world and we’re proud of the change we’re driving. This place is special and we enjoy being part of the ride every day.
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to be a pioneer in a fast scaling international start-up with a very real environmental and social impact
- Flexible hours with a lot of autonomy in what you do and how you do it
- A culture where we put a lot of time and investment in coaching, training and your personal development
- An amazing job with a lot of tasks diversity where you can make a big impact
- An open company culture where we play as hard as we work
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day. Every person that you inspire saves meals from going to waste. Bellies not bins!