Key Account Manager
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. Our community of 23 million users has saved more than 43 million meals from going to waste across 15 countries, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
Globally, a third of food is wasted, and climate experts agree that combating food waste is one of the most important things we can do to address the climate crisis. For us, it’s simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we’ll be to make a huge difference. That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our Swedish journey… and that’s where you come in:
Reporting directly to the Country Manager, you will have a pivotal role from acquisition to development of key partnerships with supermarkets and restaurant chains.
- Sole account management for key chains from lead generation to roll-out.
- Autonomy in managing your own portfolio and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met.
- Finding new business and opportunities, as well as mapping an account’s organisational hierarchy to create an account stakeholder matrix.
- Pitching to new retailers; creating and delivering high quality and professional presentations to potential new customers, and confidently speaking about the business and food waste proposition.
- Winning new businesses and growing existing accounts to achieve business targets set. Proving the business case with pilots and working with the client to define success metrics with the objective of rolling out.
- On-boarding and training of new stores in an efficient and scalable way, working with store-level contacts and senior stakeholders.
- Key Account Management / Business Development experience with large retailers, ideally supermarkets or food chains; minimum three years in a similar role.
- Full professional proficiency in Swedish and English.
- Communication skills: able to speak to stakeholders at varying levels in an organisation, tailoring your key message and being able to listen to the needs of their business.
- Organisational skills: high attention to detail and ability to work independently and efficiently on tasks, escalating when needed.
- Project Management skills: able to create implementation plans for large roll-outs across complex organisations.
- Negotiation skills: Ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. Excellent commercial acumen.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- Analytical skills and you are a great relationship builder.
- A "go get" mentality.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 700 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.