Customer Care Specialist
New York, United States
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our New York team right now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 28 Million users, and more than 51 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey...
We expect the start date for this role to be early January!
We are looking for a dedicated Customer Care Specialist with a passion for customer service.
You will be the face to our users and turn them into ambassadors by providing efficient and friendly customer care. You’ll inspire and empower our users to take action against food waste and to become part of the movement.
Reporting directly to the Head of Success, you’ll play an active part in building our Success team.
- You’re the face to our customers, ensuring they receive amazing customer service by answering inquiries through email, phone, and social media.
- You work closely with our stores to maximize the customer experience.
- You understand and communicate our customer’s and partner's needs and motivations to our internal teams and play a vital role in continuously improving Too Good To Go.
- 1-3 years’ experience in customer service, preferably both in a B2C and B2B environment.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with initiative and self-motivation; we are a small, busy team so this is vital.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
- You love helping others, building positive relationships and resolving conflicts with our users.
- A genuine passion for our mission to fight food waste.
- Knowledge in the food or tech industry is a plus.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 650 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre Tax Commuter Benefits Program
- Generous vacation package of 20 days
- Fully paid annual Citibike membership
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.