Business Developer - Bari
Globally, a third of food is wasted, and climate experts agree that combating food waste is one of the most important things we can do to address the climate crisis. For us, it’s simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we’ll be to make a huge difference. That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team.
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. Our community of over 25 million users has saved more than 45 million meals from going to waste across 15 countries, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve - and we want YOU to help us get there.
We are looking for a dedicated Business Developer with a passion for tackling food waste, and who is above all a hunter. You will report to the South Area Manager and be responsible for a large region. You will be given a high degree of independence and travel around Bari with your own vehicle. You're hungry to get out there, build connections and grow our community of food waste warriors by signing up restaurants, cafés, bars, bakeries and local food retailers. You will be based in Bari, but occasionally working from other offices, when coordination will be required.
- Research the market in Bari to find interesting prospects, identify stakeholders/decision-makers and generate interest about Too Good To Go.
- Proactively call potential stores and build relationships. You will need to find, access and onboard the right stores via email and phone and visits. You will spend +70% of your time contacting restaurant owners and discovering new partners. You will also travel around your region and establish strong relationships
- You will introduce new partners to the world of Too Good To Go, train them on how to use the app and advise them on finding the best possible solution for food waste.
- You will work with weekly and monthly targets and KPIs.
- You will work closely with other departments, like Marketing and Success, to maximize results.
- You have at least to 2 years working experience in sales/business development, including cold acquisition.
- You have strong communication skills and feel comfortable when you approach people via email, phone and face-to-face.
- You are fluent in Italian and English.
- You are located in Bari city or district.
- You have genuine passion for the mission.
- You are positive, proactive, creative and resourceful.
- Experience working in an international environment or in the sustainability field is a plus.
- Previous experience in food sector is a valuable plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- You have your own car.
La candidatura è aperta ad appartenenti alle Categorie Protette (Legge 68/99)
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
- Being part of a company with a strong mission, full of passion and with the ambition to change the world (and yeah, we mean that last part as well!) We are a proud B Corp company!
- The experience of being part of an international company with 650 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Work with and learn from a smart, fun team of highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste
- Building a wonderful network that will inspire tomorrow future generations in Italy. Being part of a strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
Please send your application as soon as possible! You can also apply in Italian.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.