People & Culture Manager
New York, United States
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our New York and Boston teams right now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 26 Million users, and more than 47 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey...
We are looking for a passionate People & Culture Manager to help us grow and develop our current teams in Boston and NY.
This is a key role in our newly formed US team, making sure that all employees are being taken care of and that the office runs smoothly. You will act as a partner for the management team in important decisions. You will report directly to the Country Manager and be part of our global People & Culture community.
No matter what we do, we are above all a people-driven company. We need someone who can thrive in the day-to-day operations as well as ensure that our culture and values are tangible.
This is a great challenge for an innovative People & Culture professional who can take responsibility for ensuring an excellent employee experience and support the management team in a fast-paced, growth environment.
A true people person, you’ll be the go-to person for all employees, and work with our Global P&C team to implement initiatives, guidelines and processes as well as ensuring that we are living our culture as #oneteam.
You will be responsible for developing structures and strategies to support the NY and Boston teams and help us to scale rapidly:
People Operations: You will devise a smooth operating process for basic HR Admin activities aligned with the global organisation and liaise with third-party providers. You can advise the management on employment law and make sure we comply with all rules and regulations.
Office Management: You run the office (organizing events and celebrating successes, ensuring the team has the needed (technical) equipment and helping to fix small technical issues), ensuring that our workplace is COVID-secure at all times.
Recruitment: You will partner with hiring managers to find the right people and give candidates a great experience, ensuring compliance with global recruitment processes at any time. We will be hiring a lot, so you need to be comfortable to take an active part in organizing interviews, supporting the offer process and creating the employment contracts.
On-boarding: You will ensure that new joiners receive a full introduction to our culture and values and have all the necessary tools to be a successful Waste Warrior from day one.
Inspire & Empower: Design and lead engagement initiatives that champion a high-performance culture which supports our mission and business objectives.
Learning and People Growth: Put in place high-impact (and cost-effective) solutions to develop the team to the fullest potential.
Employee Experience: Ensure an optimal experience at every touchpoint in the life-cycle, giving also remote employees a strong sense of belonging.
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in an HR / P&C role with a good grasp of N.Y. labor laws. Experience in a start-up / high-growth environment is a strong bonus.
- You have worked closely with a management team and have experience with leadership support.
- You are a true organizational talent and can easily prioritize competing tasks. You love to switch constantly between administrative, people-oriented and creative tasks.
- You are stress-resistant, solution-oriented and a real people person.
- You are a clear and effective communicator (written and verbal), with strong interpersonal skills.
- You are very structured and focused – things are moving fast here!
- You get things done and have lots of drive.
- You are a confident G Suite user.
- You have previous HRIS exposure and experience working with an ATS.
- Besides, you are ambitious, self-motivated and passionate about our mission.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 700+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre Tax Commuter Benefits Program
- Generous vacation package of 20 days
- Fully paid annual Citibike membership
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.