Sales Internship - Barcelona based
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight against food waste.
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. Our community of 27 million users has saved more than 48 million meals from going to waste across 14 European countries and the US, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
Globally, a third of food is wasted, and climate experts agree that combating food waste is one of the most important things we can do to address the climate crisis. For us, it’s simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we’ll be to make a huge difference. That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team.
Too Good To Go Spain is looking for hardworking and hungry Waste Warriors to perform an internship within our Sales Team, located in Barcelona.
By working closely with our sales team, you will learn how to build quality connections with any store with a food surplus. By registering local restaurants, cafes, bars, bakeries and food retailers in our app, we grow our community of food waste warriors.
You will learn the details of our commercial structure and also about the different areas that shape Too Good To Go Spain such as Success, Marketing and/or People and Culture.
In this role, you will help the Sales team to spread the message of our Movement against food waste across all cities in Spain. Your daily tasks will be:
- Providing support a Sales Specialist in the early stages of the sales cycle by regularly monitoring prospects, sending appropriate content and scheduling meetings with decision makers.
- Working with the Sales Specialists to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet monthly revenue goals.
- Managing contact details in SalesForce (our CRM system), ensuring all communications are logged and the information is accurate.
- Assisting with identifying potential stores and partners in each city.
- Collaborating with other teams to follow up on stores already signed up in the app.
- Acting at all times as an ambassador of Too Good To Go, by contributing to the top positioning of the company in the Spanish market.
- You have recently finished your studies.
- You have strong communication skills and feel comfortable when you approach people via email, phone and face-to-face.
- You are fluent in Spanish and English. Other co-official languages in Spain will be a bonus.
- You are located in Barcelona.
- You are looking for a full-time internship and have availability to join our team for 40 hours weekly (i.e. Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm and Friday from 9 am to 3 pm).
- You feel comfortable analyzing data sheets.
- You need to be proactive, organised and focused on details.
- You understand the urgency of change and action for the planet.
- You identify with a team that works smart, smashes barriers and elevates one another.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We have sky-high expectations and we shoot to exceed them.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer
- A six-month internship agreement with the possibility of renewing it or joining our sales team as an employee if the opportunity arises.
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 650 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Learn from a smart, fun team of highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste
- Flexible working schedules, short Friday´s and shorter working schedules in summer.
- Coffee and fresh fruit at the office every day, with the occasional food gathering sponsored by the company. Our team is located in a great co-working space!
- Quarterly Team Buildings, Annual Retreat with the entire Spain team and frequent social gatherings. We work hard and we play harder!
How to apply
- Please send your application (in English!) including CV and cover letter as soon as possible.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
- We’re looking forward to getting to know you!