Head of Sales
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our app has more than 27.8 million users across Europe, but we’re more than an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste. We’re growing fast with 15 active countries currently and more to come and we are a certified B Corporation. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved more than 50 million meals from the bin - and it’s only the beginning!
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are looking for a Head of Sales in the Netherlands to help us tackle the issue even faster and accelerate our growth!
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and self-driven Head of Sales with a passion for tackling food waste in a commercial way. This is a great challenge for a hungry and driven sales leader who can grow, lead and nurture an enthusiastic sales team in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of our mission. The role will be part of the Global Sales team where best practices and learnings will be shared across borders, you’ll become part of our tribe of 750 waste warriors around the globe.
You will divide your time between the operational challenges and strategic support of our sales team. The team consists of 5 Key Account Managers and an Independent sales team with 10 Sales Specialists of which the Team Lead reports into the Head of Sales.
During the past year a good foundation and structure has been built to accelerate growth for Too Good To Go in the Netherlands - now it's time to take it to the next level. Engage our partners in new ways, building strong strategic relationships at senior level to grow our movement, as well as continuously improve the performance of the sales team.
As a member of the Management Team you'll report to the Dutch Country Manager and will co-create & execute the NL strategy, make sure the overall team temperature of the (sales) organization is consistently high thanks to the way you lead your team and inspire people to bring their best.
Your main goal will be to maximize sales performance, increase the number of food business on our platform, provide leadership to the sales team and develop structures and strategies to support the team as it grows, including:
- Inspire & empower: champion a high-performance sales culture within the team to support our mission and business objectives.
- Develop the team: by using your in-depth knowledge and experience of different sales methodologies you will ensure the team fulfills their potential and you will constantly train, coach, mentor and support them for peak performance.
- Strategy and market mapping: analyze the Dutch market to identify geographic and segment opportunities for growth and build the plan for optimum results. Taking the lead in quarterly and annual strategy for the sales team.
- Structure and optimize: identify key performance drivers and set up the right team structures and processes for exponential growth. Developing the quarterly and annual budgets in cooperation with the NL Management Team.
- You have strong experience working and leading in sales (at least 5 years). This has exposed you to different sales environments and methodologies that you can draw on to lead the Too Good To Go’s sales team.
- You have developed a sales function in a scale-up / fast-growth business.
- You have a proven network within the Food & Beverages Industry and/or Food Retail.
- You are driven and motivated by operational challenges in a sales environment.
- You are a natural leader with both an eye for the business and the people and you have an exceptional understanding of how to motivate a team.
- You are business driven and have previous experience in a Key Account Manager role.
- You are experienced in using a CRM/Sales tool and use data and KPIs to guide your actions and results.
- You speak Dutch fluently and are a top of the class English speaker.
- You are a make-it-happen person who doesn't hesitate to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the long-term business implications and requirements.
- You have a true passion for our food waste movement - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
What we have to offer
- A unique opportunity to work in a social impact organization (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 750 enthusiastic and highly talented waste warriors across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support.
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your potential and shape our local Sales Strategy.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary package.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
How to apply:
Do you want to be part of something huge and do you recognize yourself in the above Head of Sales description? We look forward to hearing from you. A case presentation is part of our recruitment process.
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above including our requirements. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go. We only accept applications coming through our platform: no resume or cover letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.