Head of People & Culture
New York, United States
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our New York and Boston teams now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 18 Million users, and more than 28 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey...
We are looking for a passionate Head of People & Culture to help us grow and develop our team in the US.
You’ll report directly to the global Chief People Officer and are part of a supportive global People & Culture team.
No matter what we do, we are above all a people-driven company. We need someone who can work on the day-to-day operations, as well as create and deliver a compelling People & Culture vision and strategy for the longer-term.
This is a great challenge for an innovative People & Culture professional who can take responsibility for ensuring a first-class employee experience and support the management team in a fast-paced, growth environment.
You will lead strategic people projects, establish learning and development plans, and champion social and well-being initiatives. You should have a natural mentoring style and be comfortable training managers and employees on a range of soft skills.
- You will be responsible for providing leadership on all things people and culture related, developing structures and strategies to support the team as it rapidly grows, including:
- Inspire & Empower: Design and lead engagement initiatives that champion a high-performance culture which supports our mission and business objectives.
- Learning and People Growth: Put in place high-impact (and cost-effective) solutions to develop internal talent.
- Employee Experience: Ensure an optimal experience at every touchpoint in the life-cycle.
- Talent Acquisition: Working with a team of talent acquisition specialists and hiring managers to find the right people and give candidates a great experience.
- On-boarding: Devise first-class orientation and other processes.
- Leadership Development: Support Market Lead and management team as a sounding board and adviser.
- You will be fundamental in setting up our operational people processes: from employment contracts, setting up payroll and talking to benefit providers - you know how to structure processes and can coordinate external providers.
- You will mentor and develop a team of P&C Coordinators and nurture an environment where they can excel through your guidance and empowerment.
- A true people person, you’ll be the go-to person for all employees, and work with our Global P&C team to implement initiatives, guidelines and processes.
We are looking for
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field.
- 8+ years’ experience in generalist HR roles, including experience with contracts, payroll processing, recruitment and excellent knowledge of employment law.
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
- Ideally, you have developed a People function in a scale-up, fast-growth business.
- Professionalism, objectivity and confidentiality at the highest level every day.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills across all levels.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 500 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- An office with a great vibe in Midtown Manhattan.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future.
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work.
- Extra paid vacation days.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
- We would love to welcome you on board starting March 2020.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.