Country Manager France
Today, 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Too Good To Go is a movement fighting food waste and has become an authority for solving this worldwide critical issue. We aim for a planet with no food waste and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
Our first tool to do that is our Too Good To Go app that gathers more than 17 million users across Europe and through it, we’ve saved more than 25 million meals from the bin - that’s more than 63.000 tonnes of CO2 saved!
Besides the app we create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
Amongst 14 other countries, France is leading the way in Europe. Since June 2016, we have saved more than 10 million meals, gathered 6 millions users and convinced 11 000 stores to join the fight against food waste.
It has been an incredible journey already, full of challenges and successes, but we believe we have not even reached 5% of our total potential and we still have a LOT to do to achieve the national objective of halving food waste by 2025 in France.
This is why we need to bring experience, passion and expertise to lead our French team of 70+ (and counting) Waste Warriors!
As Country Manager, you will be reporting directly to the founder in France. You will also be part of our international team of 14 Country Managers, supported by a global team of specialists and experts.
As Country Manager, your mission is to continue to develop Too Good To Go in France and to:
- Build the right strategy for France in collaboration with your management team and the Global Management Team. You are also responsible for making sure this strategy is embedded in all the team, as this is the framework for delivering great execution in France.
- Manage the Leadership Team: from Sales to Marketing, People and Culture and Customer Success you will challenge their strategy and be their sparring partner when building each department, but also invest in the personal development of this talented team.
- Build and develop a strong team in France: invest in the team’s growth to make sure they all grow as professional and passionate Waste Warriors
- Handle the admin side of the business to ensure everything sticks together: P&L, legal, unions, administrative responsibilities, business representation…
- Build the right governance model - we are creative in everything we do, especially when it is about leading the team! And lead by example in expressing our governance model and being thorough when following our decision processes.
- Share best practices with the other markets as the “lead market”: every obstacles we solve in France should not be obstacles for other markets in the future. You are also always curious about great achievements from other countries to make France benefit from them.
- Lead the relation between global & local to ensure great collaboration and smooth communication.
- You have 5+ years' of experience in a similar position, preferably in a fast-paced, hyper-growth business.
- You already have experience leading and running a business from 50 to 150. Technology is in your DNA. Experience in Start-ups is a plus.
- You have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style.
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have a high level of spoken and written communication in English (all our global communication is done in English).
- Exceptional organizing skills and the capability to multitask comfortably.
- A willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing fast-growing environment.
- Experience or a network in the food industry is a strong plus.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you know the urgency of change and action for the planet
- You’re creative, always full of new and innovative ideas
- You’re resourceful, always able to find another way to achieve your objective in the most efficient way
- You’re growth-minded, always challenging yourself and eager to make yourself and people grow
- You’re a solution-oriented person, driven by challenges and with a great level of daily energy!
- A Country Manager position, where you strengthen your own market as a leader with a high level of ownership and responsibilities.
- The opportunity to develop a strong movement against food waste and in the world!
- Being part of a company with a strong mission, full of passion and with the ambition to change the world (and yeah, we mean that last part as well!)
- Space to develop your ideas and your career in a multicultural team, in a fast-growth company.
- The experience of being part of an international team, with offices in 14 countries (and counting) and indirect report with our co-founder.
- An inspiring & motivated team both in France and internationally.
- A central location in Paris.
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging!