London, United Kingdom
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. Our community of 22 million users has saved more than 38 million meals from going to waste across 14 European countries, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
Globally, a third of food is wasted, and climate experts agree that combating food waste is one of the most important things we can do to address the climate crisis. For us, it’s simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we’ll be to make a huge difference.
We’re now looking for a new ‘Chief Waste Warrior’ to join our tribe and support our local team in the UK. You will be leading a team of 40+ Waste Warriors and have an established management team around you, leading the Sales, Success, Marketing, People & Culture and Key Account functions. Reporting directly to our COO, you will develop the market strategy for the UK and run the daily operations. Being an ambitious social impact company, this is about taking our business to the next level, including building a winning team, on-boarding national key accounts and independent stores and winning the hearts of the consumers through a strong brand.
- As Country Manager, you will be leading, supporting and challenging the local management team in scaling Too Good To Go in the UK.
- You will be the face and voice of Too Good To Go in the UK.
- You will steer the team in the right direction and keep the focus on ambitious growth goals.
- You will lead an ambitious team from diverse backgrounds and help them reach the next level.
- Beyond scaling our business, you will be a visionary about our mission. Dreaming of a world with no food waste, you will carry on a strategic positioning to truly influence food waste and the overall ecosystem.
- 5+ years of experience in a management position, preferably in a high-growth company.
- Solid sales/business development experience.
- Experience acquiring and working with Key Accounts/Corporate partners.
- Strong negotiation skills with which you can support your account managers and your Head of Sales.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Leadership experience: you know how to recruit the best people and develop your existing team.
- You’re not just dreaming of a world without food waste, but you know how to get there by relying on data, facts and setting ambitious KPIs.
- Technology is in your DNA. Experience in Start-ups is a plus. So is a strong digital background, with a proven record of creating and executing product launches.
- You can prioritize tasks efficiently in order to meet competing deadlines and have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you are driven by the urgency of change and action for the planet.
- Experience or a network in the food industry is a strong plus.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 550 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 14 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Competitive salary package.
- A fantastic office (5 mins walking distance from Liverpool Street Station).
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.