Key Account Manager
London, United Kingdom
Awarded Europe’s Hottest Startup 2019 by The Next Web
A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
As the #1 marketplace for fighting food waste, we work with food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 24 million meals saved across 13 countries to date.
We have big, big plans to grow rapidly and build a bigger, stronger team of engaged and talented Waste Warriors. One of our key strategic objectives is to rapidly increase the number of large food retail partners saving meals on Too Good To Go.
This is an adventure: challenging but exciting and extremely rewarding!
Reporting directly to the UK Head of Business Development you will be pivotal in driving acquisition and development of key partnerships with large retailers from supermarkets to high street brands.
The Key Account Manager role will include:
- Sole account management for key chains from lead generation to roll-out.
- Autonomy in managing your own portfolio of supermarket chains and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met.
- Finding new business and opportunities and mapping accounts organisational hierarchy to create an account stakeholder matrix and planning guide.
- Pitching to new retailers; creating and delivering high quality and professional presentations to potential new customers, and confidently speaking about the business and food waste proposition.
- Winning new businesses and growing existing accounts to achieve business targets set. Proving the business case with pilots and working with the client to define success metrics with the objective of rolling out.
- Onboarding and training of new stores in an efficient and scaleable way, working with store-level contacts and senior stakeholders.
- Project managing an entire rollout plan while liaising with the team and retailer on the most efficient methods to do this.
- Forecasting financial and new customer projections for new chains.
- Acting as the face of the account and collaborating with other internal departments within Too Good To Go such as the B2B marketing team, and the success team.
- Identifying new and innovative opportunities to improve existing accounts to help them save more meals. Contributing to the UK strategy and helping out with international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
Skills and Experience
- Key Account Management / Business Development experience with large UK retailers; minimum four years.
- Communication skills: able to speak to stakeholders at varying levels in an organisation, tailoring your key message and being able to listen to the needs of their business.
- Organisational skills: high attention to detail and ability to work independently and efficiently on tasks, escalating when needed.
- Project Management skills: able to create implementation plans for large rollouts across complex organisations.
- Negotiation skills: Ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. Excellent commercial acumen.
- Growth minded: on a mission to save more meals globally, and constantly seek opportunities to grow the account in all countries.
- Collaborative: acts as the driver for our account team, focusing on the strategy and ensuring the account team are coming up with the best approach for that account.
- You are a fast learner and like to work in a busy environment at high speed.
- You’re independent, highly driven and efficient and you know how to schedule your time to handle several projects at a time.
- You are high-energy, honest, and have a result-oriented working style.
- You are adaptable and have good negotiation skills.
- You understand partner needs and motivations and can tailor your approach with them accordingly.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- You’re creative, full of ideas to develop and implement - and quickly!
- You’re resourceful, able to find another way to achieve your objective with maximum impact and find solutions (not problems).
- You’re growth-minded; always wanting to go a step further and do better.
What we offer:
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join Europe’s hottest start-up - a fast scaling pan-European business with a very real environmental and social impact.
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day.
- A unique and challenging place to work, with smart, highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste.
- Competitive salary (with opportunity for performance-related bonuses)
- Scope for progression within the team.
- Great office in Central London.
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work!