Head of Key Accounts
New York, United States
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our New York and Boston teams now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 22 Million users, and more than 36 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey...
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and self-driven Head of Key Accounts with a passion for tackling food waste. You will report to the Regional Director East Coast and will be pivotal in driving acquisition and development of key partnerships with hotels, restaurant chains and supermarkets.
You will lead a small team focusing on growing and scaling Key Accounts at speed. This is a great challenge for a hungry and driven professional who can build, lead and nurture an enthusiastic Key Accounts team in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of our mission. The role will be part of an international Key Accounts team where best practices and learnings will be shared across borders.
We hope to welcome you on board starting in July!
You will provide input to our US strategy and use international cooperation across global key chain opportunities to position us for the launch in the US. A focus of the role in the first few months will be on winning Key Accounts and building a portfolio from scratch. You will continuously develop our partnerships with them, as well as provide leadership, structures and support to the US Key Accounts team as it grows.
- Develop partnerships : Identify Key Accounts, lead the meeting presenting the app, develop the application in their stores.
- Inspire & Empower: Champion a high-performance sales culture within the team to support our mission and business objectives.
- Develop the team: Using your in-depth knowledge and experience of different sales and negotiation methodologies, you will ensure the team fulfils their potential and constantly train, coach, mentor and support for peak performance.
- Strategy and market mapping: Analyze the US market to identify geographic and segment opportunities for growth and build the plan for optimum results.
- Structure and Optimize: Identify key performance drivers and set up the right team structures and processes for exponential growth.
- Leadership and Management: Work with the management team on the broader plans for the US business including stakeholder reporting.
- You can identify opportunities to go after in the market and have experience with CRM and sales tools.
- You have excellent sales skills and are able to build partnerships with Key Accounts. You are able to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. You possess excellent commercial acumen.
- You are a strong leader and can manage a team by setting targets, motivation and continuous development of skills.
- You are data-oriented and work with KPIs to guide actions, also being able to track success.
- You are process-focused, continuously documenting and improving processes, sharing learnings with the global team; you are highly organized to develop client implementation plans.
- You have a true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 560 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future.
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work.
- Extra paid vacation days.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.