Head of Sales
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why is that important? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted, and that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste. The app already has more than 15M users across Europe, and we’re growing fast with14 countries currently active and more coming. We’ve just been named “Europe’s hottest startup 2019”.
But here’s what really matters: we’re starting to make a real impact, so far through the app we’ve saved more than 20M meals from the bin - that’s more than 50.000 tons of CO2 saved!
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved but the issue is huge and in order to live our mission, we know we need to be more than just an app. That’s why we’re trying to tackle food waste at every level. We create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even work change legislation to reduce food waste.
So what about our beautiful country? Operations in Italy just started 6 month ago: many cities have been launched and the waste warriors working on the project are really amazing. But 95% of the job is still in front of us. That’s why we’re looking for our Head of Sales, a strong growth minded person able to lead our AWESOME sales team to enhance our sales culture and to make sure that no more meals end up in the bin.
Growing supply - increasing the number of partners saving meals on Too Good To Go is one of the most important parts of the business. Do you think you have what it takes to be a super-strong Head of Sales? We certainly hope so.
Reporting directly to the Italian Country Manager, you will join the local management team to live our mission, save food, help our planet and become part of our tribe of 350 waste warriors around Europe.
Be ready, this is an adventure : tough but exciting!
- Build up a strong team of hard-core, sales-focused Waste Warriors
- Give your team the keys to reach their objectives and beyond
- Day to day team management, running weekly/monthly meetings to build a productive, efficient and autonomous sales team
- Channel your team’s passion in the right way and come up with creative ways to motivate your tribe
- Promote our feedback culture, we all give and receive in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Your challenge : increasing sales performance while staying true to our brand
- Your sales team is a bunch of passionate Waste Warriors, they need to have stars in their eyes to run as fast as possible!
- Structure and strategy
- Develop a sales strategy for independent shops/restaurants/cafés - how do we get to them in the smartest way? What structure? Which approaches?
- Working closely with the rest of the management team to develop a strong strategy for a fast-growing
- Anticipate future challenges and always aim for more
You should have:
- You’re the kind of inspiring leader people want to follow - you know how to make your team hungry and smash targets as well as taking their input!
- Strong sales experience and experience in leading and growing sales teams - you built a team from scratch and constantly expanded it? This would be perfect
- You have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to translate ideas into actions and measurable objectives
- +2 years of experience in manager or leading position, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth business
- You are a fluent English speaker. All the communication in the global team will be in English
- Hands on experience on sales engines and marketplaces
- A good network within the food industry/restaurant industry (real bonus!)
- Experience in Start-ups is a plus
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you know the urgency of change and action for the planet
- You’re creative, always full of ideas to implement new things
- You’re resourceful, always able to find another way to achieve your objective in the most efficient way
- You’re growth-minded, always seeking a step further and eager to make yourself and people grow
- You only see solutions and not problems
How to apply?
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please read this job advert carefully. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or direct messaging on Linkedin!