Market Lead - Boston
Boston, United States
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our New York and Boston teams now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 18 Million users, and more than 28 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey...
Ready to join the movement?
As Market Lead, you will be working out of our office in Boston and report directly to our Chief Expansion Officer. You will be part of our international team of City and Country Managers, supported by the whole global management team and specialists and experts in Europe and the US.
As a Market Lead, you are starting operations from scratch. Armed with a wealth of experience from our 14 other successful launches, it will be your job to build the local team, introduce our mission to the American way and get as many restaurants, stores, hotels and supermarkets as possible to join our fight. We would love to have you on board starting in March 2020.
Trust us, this is an adventure - tough, but oh so rewarding!
What your mission will entail
- Opening, developing and driving the strategy for Too Good To Go in Boston in cooperation with the Global Management Team.
- Hiring and leading a team of ambitious, idealistic and resourceful Waste Warriors who are the right kind of crazy to believe they can change the world.
- Developing partnerships with major partners and food store chains and supermarkets.
- Keeping all our partners and consumers satisfied through terrific account management and customer care.
- You will be the face and voice of Too Good To Go in the media.
- Design the marketing strategy for Boston together with our CMO and the US Head of Marketing.
- Beyond starting and scaling our business, you will be a visionary about our mission. Dreaming of a world with no food waste, you will carry on a strategic positioning to truly influence food waste and the overall ecosystem.
- 5+ years’ of experience in a management position, preferably in a high/hyper-growth company.
- You have a solid sales/business development experience.
- Experience acquiring and working with Key Accounts/Corporate partners.
- Strong negotiation skills with which you can support your account managers and your Head of Sales.
- Leadership experience: you know how to recruit the best people and develop your existing team.
- Experience or a network in the food industry is a strong plus.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a must - you are driven by the urgency of change and action for the planet.
- You have experience in leading a team. You’re the kind of inspiring leader people want to follow: you help your team reach their full potential and grow beyond.
- You have a solid sales experience and/or mindset: if the door is closed, you enter through the window. An international mindset with strong local approach is a big plus.
- You’re not just dreaming of a world without food waste, but you know how to get there by relying on data, facts and setting ambitious KPIs.
- Technology is in your DNA. Experience in Start-ups is a plus. So is a strong digital background, with a proven record of creating and executing product launches.
- You don’t beat around the bush and you get things done.
- You have a strong sense of teamwork and like to bring people together to build a strong, healthy and safe community for all.
- You can prioritize tasks efficiently in order to meet competing deadlines and have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style.
- You are a top of the class English speaker. All the communication in the global team is in English.
What we have to offer
- A Market Lead position, where you build your own market as an entrepreneur.
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 500 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future.
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work.
- Extra paid vacation days.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- We want to know how you work - if you have a video introduction or a link to a project you made thrive, then tell us about it!
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.