Head of Sales - New York City
New York, United States
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our New York and Boston teams now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 18 Million users, and more than 28 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey...
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and self-driven Head of Sales with a passion for tackling food waste. You will report to the Regional Director - East Coast and develop our sales strategy.
You will lead the team responsible for acquiring new independent stores (think coffee shops, restaurants, bakeries). This is a great challenge for a hungry and driven sales professional who can build, lead and nurture an enthusiastic sales team in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of our mission. The role will be part of an international sales team where best practices and learnings will be shared across borders.
Your goal will be to maximize sales performance, provide leadership to the sales team and develop structures and strategies to support the team as it grows, including:
- Inspire & Empower: Champion a high-performance sales culture within the team to support our mission and business objectives.
- Develop the team: Using your in-depth knowledge and experience of different sales methodologies you will ensure the team fulfils their potential and constantly train, coach, mentor and support for peak performance.
- Strategy and market mapping: Analyze the US market to identify geographic and segment opportunities for growth and build the plan for optimum results.
- Structure and Optimize: Identify key performance drivers and set up the right team structures and processes for exponential growth.
- Leadership and Management: Work with the management team on the broader plans for the US business including stakeholder reporting.
- You are a great salesperson and you’re a great leader. You have an exceptional understanding of how to motivate a team.
- You have strong experience working and leading in sales. This has exposed you to different sales environments and methodologies that you can draw on to lead Too Good To Go’s sales team.
- You have developed a sales function in a scale-up, fast-growth business.
- You are data-oriented and work with KPIs to guide actions.
- You are experienced in using a CRM/Sales tool.
- You are process-focused, continuously documenting and improving the sales process, sharing learnings with the global team.
- You are a first-class communicator and are able to draw on those skills to set the bar high and get team members to perform at their absolute best.
- You are highly empathetic and emotionally intelligent, and at the same time, you know how to challenge people.
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the long-term business implications and requirements.
- You are highly organized and can build plans and processes that meet business needs.
- You thrive in a job that moves quickly and are comfortable with change.
- You have a true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 500 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future.
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work.
- Extra paid vacation days.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.