Key Account Manager
Awarded Europe’s Hottest Startup 2019 by The Next Web
A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
As the #1 marketplace for fighting food waste, we work with food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 27 million meals saved across 14 countries to date.
We have big, big plans to grow rapidly and build a bigger, stronger team of engaged and talented Waste Warriors. One of our key strategic objectives is to rapidly increase the number of large food retail partners saving meals on Too Good To Go.
This is an adventure: challenging but exciting and extremely rewarding!
Reporting directly to the Country Manager, you will have a pivotal role from acquisition to development of key partnerships with retailers such as hotels, restaurant chains and supermarkets.
The Key Account Manager role will include:
- Sole account management for key chains from lead generation to roll-out.
- Autonomy in managing your own portfolio and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met.
- Finding new business and opportunities and mapping accounts organisational hierarchy to create an account stakeholder matrix and planning guide.
- Pitching to new retailers; creating and delivering high quality and professional presentations to potential new customers, and confidently speaking about the business and food waste proposition.
- Winning new businesses and growing existing accounts to achieve business targets set. Proving the business case with pilots and working with the client to define success metrics with the objective of rolling out.
- Onboarding and training of new stores in an efficient and scalable way, working with store-level contacts and senior stakeholders.
- Key Account Management / Business Development experience with large Polish retailers, food chains or hotels; minimum two years.
- You have full professional proficiency in Polish and English.
- Communication skills: able to speak to stakeholders at varying levels in an organisation, tailoring your key message and being able to listen to the needs of their business.
- Organisational skills: high attention to detail and ability to work independently and efficiently on tasks, escalating when needed.
- Project Management skills: able to create implementation plans for large rollouts across complex organisations.
- Negotiation skills: Ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. Excellent commercial acumen.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
What we offer:
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join Europe’s hottest start-up - a fast scaling pan-European business with a very real environmental and social impact.
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day.
- A unique and challenging place to work, with smart, highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste.
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work!
How to apply:
- We take recruitment very seriously, please read carefully everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.