Head of Sales
London, United Kingdom
Awarded Europe’s Hottest Startup 2019 by The Next Web
A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 20 million meals saved across 13 countries to date.
We have big, big plans to grow rapidly and are building a strong team of engaged and talented Waste Warriors across the globe (400 and counting!). We are now looking for an exceptional Head of Sales to join the superstar team of 40 in London.
This is an adventure: challenging but exciting and extremely rewarding!
We are looking for a Head of Sales to help us grow and develop our current sales team of 17 in our London office. You’ll report directly to the Country Manager and have the back-up of a strong management team and a global peer network.
We need someone who can get stuck into the day-to-day sales operations as well as create and deliver a high-performance strategy for the longer-term.
Our store partnerships are the life-blood of our business - in this role you will lead the team responsible for acquiring new independent stores and small chains at speed. This is a great challenge for a hungry and driven Sales professional who can take structure, lead and nurture an enthusiastic sales team in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of our mission.
- Your goal will be to maximise independent sales performance, providing leadership to the independent sales team and developing structures and strategies to support the team as it grows, including:
- Inspire & Empower: Champion a high-performance sales culture within the team to support our mission and business objectives.
- Develop the team: Using your in-depth knowledge and experience of different sales methodologies you will ensure the team fulfill their potential and constantly train, coach, mentor and support for peak performance.
- Strategy and market mapping: Analyse the UK market to identify geographic and segment opportunities for growth and build the plan for optimum results.
- Structure and Optimise: Identify key performance drivers and set up the right team structures and processes for exponential growth.
- Leadership and Management: Work with the Country Manager and management team on the wider plans for the UK business including stakeholder reporting.
Your Experience and aptitudes
- You are a great sales person and you’re a great people leader. You have an exceptional understanding of how to motivate a team.
- You have strong experience working and leading in sales. This has exposed you to different sales environments and methodologies that you can draw on to lead Too Good To Go’s sales team.
- You are a first-class communicator and are able to draw on those skills to set the bar high and get team members to perform at their absolute best.
- You are highly empathetic and emotionally intelligent, and at the same time, you know how to challenge people.
- You have developed a sales function in a scale-up, fast-growth business.
- You are commercially highly astute with proven problem solving and influencing skills.
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the longer-term business implications and requirements.
- You are highly organised and can build structures and processes that meet business needs.
- You thrive in a job that moves quickly and are comfortable with change.
- You have full professional proficiency in English speaker
- A true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- You’re growth-minded; always wanting to go a step further and do better.
- You’re resourceful, able to find another way to achieve your objective with maximum impact and find solutions (not problems).
- You’re creative, full of ideas to develop and implement - and quickly!
What we offer:
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join Europe’s hottest start-up - a fast scaling pan-European business with a very real environmental and social impact.
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day.
- A unique and challenging place to work, with smart, highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste.
- Competitive salary.
- Great office in Central London.
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work.
Please send your application including CV and cover letter (yes, we do read cover letters). Deadline and start is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak
Read more about our recruitment process: https://toogoodtogo.com/en/careers