Social Media Marketing Specialist
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our app has more than 12 million users across Europe, but we’re more than an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast with 12 countries currently active and more coming and we’ve just been named “Europe’s hottest startup 2019”. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved almost 18 million meals from the bin - that’s more than 45 thousand tons of CO2 saved!
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? So next up, we have big plans to kick off operations in Austria, and are building our team there as we speak. And we want YOU to be part of this amazing adventure.
As a Social Media Marketing Specialist, you are a part of our Marketing Team and will work directly with the Head of Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Activate, engage and grow our social media community to make everyone aware of our fight against food waste
- Be the voice of Too Good To Go on social media, newsletters and the blog
- Design and create content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Create visually appealing content for all digital channels in accordance with our visual identity - images, gifs, videos… creativity is key!
- Make sure Too Good To Go is THE thought leader for food waste and sustainability
- Lead innovation projects to test new digital marketing activities and use analytics to better understand potential customers
- Continuously improve our digital channels through monitoring, measuring and analysis of the effectiveness of our activities
- Hone our strategy according to relevant KPIs
- Establish and maintain cooperations with major, national as well as local, nano-influencers and develop sustainable relationships with them
We’d like you to have:
- A starter mindset: not afraid to work as long as having fun!
- A strong growth mindset
- Excellent writing skills in German and straight to the point writing style - you play with words and are known for your humour
- You’re a true Waste Warrior, ready to change the world and you strongly believe in our mission!
- Work experience in a fast-paced, high-growth business. Experience in food tech companies or app business is a plus.
- Exceptional organizing skills and the capability to play multitask comfortably.
- You can handle - and rock - several projects at a time.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills. English is the spoken language in the global marketing team.
- Good understanding of Analytics and tracking tools
- Social Media is your kingdom, you rule over Facebook and Instagram
- Photoshop and Illustrator knowledge are a plus
- Super strong drive - we repeat: super strong drive!
- Has a social & environmental mindset and puts all its energy in maximizing its impact
- Shares knowledge: gives input and ideas to grow all together
- Targets excellence and grows fast!
- Trust each other and dare to create: the initiative is key
- You can apply in German or English, but please keep in mind that a perfect use of German is mandatory for this position.
- Explain why you are the perfect fit for the open position.
- Let us know which values you share with Too Good To Go.
- Tell us what you can bring to the table at Too Good To Go.
- Don’t hesitate to share your long-term career ambitions.
- Please keep your CV and answers short and concise.
- Thoroughly read the above job description and feel free to check our website and international media for a deeper understanding of Too Good To Go.
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak.