Global Key Account Specialist
London, United Kingdom
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our app has more than 18 million users across Europe, but we’re more than an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast with 14 countries currently active and more coming and we’ve been named “Europe’s hottest startup 2019”. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved more than 27 million meals from the bin - that’s more than 68 thousand tons of CO2 saved! We can now also proudly say that we are saving 1 magic bag every second from going to waste.
A huge part of our success comes from the work we do with our key account partnerships, but we also know that the problem of food waste is huge so we have big plans to rapidly increase the number of key accounts saving meals on Too Good To Go.
This is an adventure: challenging but exciting and extremely rewarding!
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Key Accounts, you will be working across all countries supporting local Key Account Managers (KAMs) and Head of Key Accounts. Your focus will be on developing the work we are doing with existing international key accounts, ensuring they are supported locally and they are continuing to grow.
You will have a pivotal role from acquisition to development of international key partnerships with retailers such as hotels, restaurant chains and supermarkets. The role will also include supporting the Global Head of Key Accounts on improvement projects being run across the business, driving best practices and supporting each country.
The role will include:
- Mapping out our international key accounts that you will be overseeing, and all of the internal and external stakeholders attached to that account team.
- Supporting with the local key accounts, seeking opportunities to further grow the account globally. Connecting TGTG KAMs with the accounts regional contact and setting up introduction meetings and supporting with roll-outs.
- Identifying new and innovative opportunities to improve existing accounts to help them save more meals.
- Supporting with the Global KA roadmap, speaking with local Head of KA & KAMs to get their input. Helping out with international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
Skills and Experience
- Key Account Management/Business Development experience - minimum 2 years. Experience with B2B selling.
- Negotiation skills: Ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. Excellent commercial acumen.
- Communication skills: able to speak to stakeholders at varied levels in an organisation, tailoring your key message and being able to listen to the needs of their business.
- Growth minded & passionate: on a mission to save more meals globally, and constantly seek opportunities to grow the account nationwide and globally.
- Collaborative: acts as the driver for the TGTG account team, focusing on the strategy and ensuring the account team are coming up with the best approach for that account. Can also work with other departments to benefit the account.
- Top of the class English speaker: all communication within the Key Accounts team, as well as with different functions and countries will be in English.
Working Style & Values
- You are a fast learner and can handle working in a busy environment handling several different tasks.
- You are willing to be hands-on, and able to support with other tasks in other departments in order to get the job done as a team.
- You are independent and efficient, and able to schedule your own time, and also approachable and enjoy working with others in a growing team.
- You are positive, with high-energy and bring a can-do attitude towards challenges brought to you.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you understand the urgency of action for the planet. Embodies TGTG’s values to ‘dream of a planet with no food waste’
- You’re creative, full of ideas to develop and implement - and quickly!
- You’re resourceful, able to find another way to achieve your objective with maximum impact and find solutions (not problems).
What we offer:
- Great office based in London.
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join Europe’s hottest start-up: a fast scaling pan-European business with a very real environmental and social impact.
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day!
- A unique and challenging place to work, with smart, highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste.
- Competitive salary.
- Scope for progression within the team.
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work!
How to apply:
- Please apply in English.
- We take recruitment very seriously, please read carefully everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- We want to know how you work - if you have a video introduction or a link to a project you made thrive, then tell us about it!
- After the initial screening, the recruitment process involves a video presentation and a case study.
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.