B2B Sales Representative
New York, United States
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our New York team right now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 36 Million users, and more than 70 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey...
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined below, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your cover letter!
We are looking for a dedicated B2B Sales Representative with a passion for tackling food waste. You will report to the Head of Sales and play an active part in building our sales team.
Above all, in this role, you'll be a hunter. You're hungry to get out there, build connections and grow our community of food waste warriors by signing up restaurants, cafes, bars, bakeries and local food retailers.
- Communicate (through physical visits, email, calls, social media) with restaurants to introduce Too Good To Go.
- This is a mix of inside and outside sales. You will make several cold calls per day, door to door, and often seal the partnership with face to face meetings.
- Meet ambitious weekly and monthly objectives defined by the company. You'll want to crush these goals.
- Research accounts, identify stakeholders/decision-makers and generate interest about Too Good To Go.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Sales, preferably in a startup environment.
- Knowledge and contacts in the food industry is a significant plus.
- Proactive, organized and structured, and obsessed with detail and accuracy.
- First-class communication skills: eloquent, with good grammar and writing skills.
- Autonomous and self-motivated: able to work in a highly demanding environment.
- You are results-focused, understand KPIs and are driven to smash targets.
- A genuine passion for the mission.
- Fluency in Mandarin or Spanish is a significant plus.
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 950 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre Tax Commuter Benefits Program
- Generous vacation package of 20 days
- Fully paid annual Citibike membership
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.