New York, United States
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US. We’re on a mission to change this.
Our app connects consumers to surplus food from local restaurants and grocery stores, such as pastries, fresh produce, sushi and more, which would otherwise be thrown away to make room for the next batch of goods. Founded in 2016, we’ve saved nearly 50 million meals across 15 countries, which adds up to 200 million pounds of food. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, and we’re just starting our US journey.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and self-driven PR Specialist to drive pitching efforts regionally and nationally, targeting numerous outlets in the F&B, lifestyle and B2B realm, along with reporters and appropriate outlets that cover the intersection of tech, climate and business.
This role will report to the PR and Marketing Manager and be a part of Too Good To Go’s close-knit, dynamic and agile U.S. marketing team. This is a unique opportunity to gain in-house experience, while also maintaining a lot of the fast-paced agency work, i.e. writing tailored, targeted pitches, regular check-ins with the marketing and leadership team, etc.
While we have many organic stories to tell, we also want the PR Specialist to be proactive and creative in how we draw attention to America's massive food waste issue, drive awareness to our app as a solution and communicate our impact against climate change.
- Help build, nurture and own relationships with contacts in Too Good To Go’s master media database
- Serve as day-to-day contact for inbound media requests
- Regularly draft and send pitches/press releases/media alerts timed to company initiatives and larger marketing campaigns
- Write tailored pitches and conduct outreach regularly - mail merging is not our go-to method!
- Proactively bring new pitch angles + news hijacking opportunities to the table
- Work in collaboration with the content marketing manager to align PR with social media efforts
- 3-4 years of experience in a PR role. Experience with an agency is highly valued!
- A natural storyteller and good copywriter
- Excellent understanding of the media landscape and how to make the most out of a story, both nationally and regionally
- An existing network of media and press contacts is also highly valued!
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to translate ideas into PR tactics
- Strong news sense, able to advise the team on what will and won’t make it in media
- Ready to roll up your sleeves with a tenacious approach to getting our story told
- 100% target-oriented and resourceful, with a positive, flexible mindset
- A deep interest in food waste and sustainability
We fight together: food waste is a beast. We can tackle it when we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers, and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold. Our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of an international company with 700+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal and professional development in an intense, high-growth environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits Program
- Generous vacation package of 20 days
- Fully paid annual Citibike membership
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please read everything we have written above carefully. Please also check our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit all materials in English.
- Please note we only accept applications through our platform. No resume or cover letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.