Head of Key Accounts
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste one third of all the food produced in Europe.
We’re on a mission to change this and are expanding in France. Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown exponentially since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 18 Million users, and more than 50 million meals saved, with over 17 million meals saved just in France! We are now launching the USA as well.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our journey...
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and mission-driven Head of Key Accounts with a passion for tackling food waste and relationship management. The role will ensure to maximize the impact of our Key Accounts (acquisition, optimization) to fight food waste as quickly as possible and lock them thanks to a strong and meaningful partnership.
You will lead and inspire a team of 20+ waste warriors, report to the Country Manager in France and join the French Management team. You will also take part in our international excellence forum where best practices and learnings are shared across borders between Heads of Sales in other Too Good To Go countries.
- Your role is to inspire and empower your team : you set the vision, the ambition and make sure your experts have everything they need to run their own area of ownership. You lead with trust and share our values.
- You will manage 4 managers (and currently a team of 20 people to be developed). Push new ways of management, bring inspiration, lead by example to develop new ways of challenges and incentives to drive performance and motivation. You remain accessible to all and want to celebrate collective success.
- You will build and develop a productive, efficient and autonomous Key Accounts team: training, experience sharing, coaching and raising the bar. You will encourage cross-team work (no silos within the KA team, within the French team, within the global team).
- Develop a KA strategy: identify and prioritize the market depending on the potential and development of opportunities. We want to go as big and as fast as possible.
- Develop relationship with Key account partners and represent Too Good To Go in key meetings. We want to be a “must have” key partner.
- Find how to crack new chains we don’t have yet and expand the impact. We want to be everywhere.
- Optimize the impact of chains we have as the potential is huge. We want to capture 100% of the food waste in store.
- Set up and expand sales and partnerships with national and international chains in France. We want to continue leading the path on our Key accounts deployment.
Structure and strategy
- Work closely with Marketing, Success and Sales New Business to develop a coherent and strong sales strategy for France
- Collaborate closely with the international Sales colleagues and strive to improve existing process and partnerships
- Impact the development of the whole company with a key role in the Management team beyond the Key account scope. We will build the company we want.
- You are experienced in Key Account Management (5+ years) ideally in hyper or supermarkets and in leading a Sales team in a scale-up or fast-growth business.
- You have more than 2 years of experience in managing Team Leaders
- You have a strategic mindset
- You’re creative, always full of ideas to implement new things
- You are result-oriented and work with KPIs to guide actions.
- You think analytically and are solution-oriented, with strong project management skills.
- You are highly organized, continuously documenting and improving processes that meet business needs
- You have hands-on experience with sales technology and tools (the knowledge of Salesforce will be a plus!)
- You are a first-class and inspiring communicator and are able to draw on those skills to set the bar high and get team members to perform at their absolute best.
- You are highly empathetic and at the same time, you know how to challenge people
- You have a true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change and direct impact.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 700 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries, always ready to share knowledge and support! You will be working with passionate leaders all across the globe
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open and diverse company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
Are you interested?
Please send your application (in English!) including CV and cover letter as soon as possible. Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.