Key Account Lead - Manufacturers
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 53 million meals saved across 15 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are expanding our team as we speak. And that’s where you come in:
We’re looking for an exceptional Key Account Lead to join us in our Madrid office.
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, you will be using your leadership skills and experience in the FMCG industry to lead a team within our Key Accounts department, whose primary goal is to acquire and grow partnerships with food producers and manufacturers.
Your primary responsibility is to lead your team from the front and win new key accounts by identifying and researching new opportunities, building rapport with stakeholders and ultimately signing their business up to a partnership with Too Good to Go. Some of them might be small but have large quantities of surplus that needs shifting whilst others might provide a steadier source of supply.
Your team will support these accounts through the on-boarding and roll-out process and you will continue to look for ways to strengthen and grow the relationship.
- Research: Finding new business and opportunities and mapping accounts organisational hierarchy to create an account stakeholder matrix and planning guide.
- Proactive business development and relationship building: independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Pitching to new partners: creating and delivering high quality and professional presentations to potential new customers, and confidently speaking about the business and food waste proposition.
- Winning new businesses and growing existing accounts to achieve business targets set. Proving the business case with pilots and working with the client to define success metrics with the objective of rolling out.
- Logistics: You will come up with innovative ideas and creative solutions of how and where consumers can pick up surplus food.
- Team leadership: line management of Key Account Managers within the Manufacturing team, taking responsibility for their goals and objectives, their feedback and development, and their overall performance
- Account Management: oversee the management of your team’s portfolio of key accounts, ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met.
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals.
- You have at least 4-5 years Business Development experience, demonstrating an ability to establish, nurture and win leads by selling in a proposition to a variety of senior stakeholders.
- You have at least 2 years experience in managing a team.
- You have previous experience from a food producer/FMCG, e.g. as a category- or key account manager, and a good awareness of profit and loss within the industry.
- You have knowledge of food value chains and understand the key steps in a products' lifetime.
- You can demonstrate operational experience across the supply chain: You know how to integrate various suppliers and implement new processes into a business.
- You possess great negotiation skills with the ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches thanks to your excellent commercial acumen.
- You are used to working with data to extract relevant information and identify and resolve issues logically. Great Excel skills and a love for numbers are a plus.
- You are fully proficient in Spanish (C2 level) and English (C1 level).
- You are a fast learner and like to work in a busy environment at high speed.
- You are passionate about fighting food waste along the value chain.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer:
- Being part of a company with a strong mission, full of passion and with the ambition to change the world (and yeah, we mean that last part as well!) We are a proud B Corp company!
- The experience of being part of an international company with 650 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 14 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Work with and learn from a smart, fun team of highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- Flexible working schedules, short Friday´s and shorter working schedules in summer.
- Coffee and fresh fruit at the office every day, with the occasional food gathering sponsored by the company. Our team is located in a great co-working space!
- Quarterly Team Buildings, Annual Retreat with the entire Spain team and frequent social gatherings. We work hard and we play harder!
How to apply?
Please send your application (in English!) including CV and cover letter as soon as possible.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.