A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been expanding rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 50 million meals saved across 15 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge?
We’re looking for an exceptional Sales Director to join the Danish team at Too Good To Go in Copenhagen to help us tackle the issue even faster and accelerate our growth!
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and self-driven Sales Director with a passion for tackling food waste in a commercial way. This is a great challenge for a hungry and driven sales leader who can grow, lead and nurture an enthusiastic sales team in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of our mission. The role will be part of the Global Sales team where best practices and learnings will be shared across borders and you’ll become part of our tribe of 750 waste warriors around the globe.
Reporting to the Danish Country Manager, you will divide your time between the operational challenges and strategic support of our sales team.
Your main goal will be to maximize sales performance, increase the number of food business on our platform, provide leadership to the sales team (6 people) and develop structures and strategies to support the team as it grows, including:
- Inspire & empower: champion a high-performance sales culture within the team to support our mission and business objectives.
- Strategy and market mapping: analyse the Danish market to identify geographic and segment opportunities for growth and build the plan for optimum results.
- Develop the market potential:
- You will qualify strategic partners, book meetings, and visit customers.
- You will take the lead in developing and driving big strategic partnerships, e.g. co-branding and marketing activities, CSR initiatives etc.
- You will drive the roll out of big partnerships, including project coordination, stakeholder management and communication.
- You will play a central role in maintaining and building the relationships we have with the biggest players in the Danish retail and food industry
- Develop the team: by using your in-depth knowledge and experience of different sales methodologies you will ensure the team fulfills their potential and you will constantly train, coach, mentor and support them for peak performance.
- Structure and optimize: identify key performance drivers and set up the right team structures and processes for exponential growth. Developing the quarterly and annual budgets in cooperation with the Danish Management Team.
- You have strong experience working and leading in sales (at least 5 years). This has exposed you to different sales environments and methodologies that you can draw on to lead the Too Good To Go’s sales team.
- You have developed a sales function in a scale-up / fast-growth business. A network within the Food & Beverages Industry and/or Food Retail is a strong plus.
- You are driven and motivated by operational challenges in a sales environment.
- You are a natural leader with both an eye for the business and the people and you have an exceptional understanding of how to motivate a team.
- You are experienced in using a CRM/Sales tool and use data and KPIs to guide your actions and results.
- You have full professional proficiency in Danish and English.
- You are highly empathetic and emotionally intelligent, and at the same time, you know how to challenge people.
- You are commercially highly astute with proven problem-solving and influencing skills.
- You are a make-it-happen person who doesn't hesitate to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the long-term business implications and requirements.
- You have a true passion for our food waste movement - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to work in a social impact organization (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- Strong personal and professional development in an intense and fast growing scale-up environment
- Responsibility, influence and space to develop own ideas
- A unique opportunity to work in and with a purpose driven performance culture. The possibility to take part in pushing the Danish market to the next level
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing
How to apply:
Do you want to be part of something huge and do you recognize yourself in the above job role? We look forward to hearing from you. A case presentation is part of our recruitment process.
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above including our requirements. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go. We only accept applications coming through our platform: no resume or cover letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.