Talent Acquisition Specialist
New York, United States
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our New York and Boston teams right now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 30 Million users, and more than 57 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey... And that's where you come in:
We're looking for a passionate and organized individual to support our ambitious growth in the US. You will focus on a great candidate experience, inclusive and scalable internal processes and support our hiring team.
You’ll collaborate with hiring managers and manage the recruitment process from end to end. We'd love to find someone who's excited about working for a fast-growing social impact business with a meaningful mission and amazing culture.
Based out of our New York office, you will be part of a Global Talent Acquisition Team (your team members are based in three different countries in Europe and in New York) and report to the Head of Talent Acquisition in the UK. Whilst you are part of the global team, you will be immersed in our US office and be able to take part in local events.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process: creating job ads, screening job applications, phone interviews, video screening, candidate testing, conducting interviews and reference checking, as well as coordinating with the hiring teams.
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards/media/colleges etc.
- Identify qualified candidates through direct sourcing, industry/social networking, career fairs or similar.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitude.
- Manage a high volume of open positions across different functions and locations, while keeping the momentum with both internal teams and external candidates.
- Ensure that local recruiting/interview processes are aligned with global recommendations and processes.
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team and manage hiring managers’ expectations.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Hire at speed without sacrificing our values.
- Ensure a great candidate experience - always!
- Ideally 3-4 years’ full-cycle recruiting experience, with a good level of in-house exposure.
- Experience in running a structured interview process in a high-volume recruiting environment is essential.
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, video screening, reference check etc).
- Experience of using multiple sourcing and attraction methods to fill vacancies. Campus recruiting experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with HR databases and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Ability to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal: You put a lot of care into the candidate experience, and will support the ongoing expansion of Too Good To Go.
- Flexibility with working hours if we need to recruit for different US time zones.
- Autonomous work style: take ownership and know how to prioritize.
- Ability to establish relationships with management, candidates and external partners.
- Highly ambitious, self-motivated and passionate about our vision.
The application process consists of an initial short assessment in the form of answering a few short and role-related questions per video, a video call with the Hiring Manager and a couple of get-to-know calls with the team, remotely via Google Meet. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions!
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 750+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre Tax Commuter Benefits Program
- Generous vacation package of 20 days
- Fully paid annual Citibike membership
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.