Fighting Food Waste
Our awesome CEO, Mette Lykke, presents the food waste issue and what we would love you to do.
Objective: Create and produce a video or a presentation of your perspective on the food waste issue.
If you need it, we have created a FAQ where you can find answers to the most common questions about food waste and Too Good To Go.
Each year, around one-third of the food produced in the world for human consumption goes to waste. The most up to date figure are over 1.6 billion tons worth of food is wasted every year, which has a value of about 1.2 trillion dollars. Food waste is responsible for 8% of the global greenhouse gas emissions – in fact, if food loss and waste were its own country it would be the third-largest source of greenhouse gas emissions.
You should include:
- Explain the current causes of food waste
- Give an analysis of the environmental, economic and social consequences of food waste
- Discuss how to get the young to involve and engage more in the fight against food waste.
Suggestions and examples of some things you can do:
- Learn about the local issue – interview experts etc.
- Field research - go out and learn about how stores, restaurants, canteens or other businesses handle food waste?
- Any initiatives? See if you can find some local or national projects concerning food waste.
- Tips and tricks - to reduce food waste (hint; we have some you are free to be inspired by)
- Document your own food waste – you can see this exercise if you need a helping hand in the documenting
- New ideas - consider how Too Good To Go can leverage their profile to inspire more people to reduce food waste - through all of the food supply chain
- Be creative – maybe you can come up with a fun and different way to handle and reduce food waste and make that your focus.
Look through our Knowledge hub to find more information about food waste.
Got a unique solution? Share it with us at [email protected]